Programming guides for beginner...
Any comments are welcomed....
I hope it helps!!! Thanks for drop by...
Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Visual Basic tutorial on how to create system tray icon.

This tutorial teach you the way to create an application with system tray/notification icon like shown in the picture below:

Beside showing the icon at notification area, I will also show the steps to create a menu for the icon.
Watch the video of the following and if there is anything unclear, please leave a comment here.






PS: YOU CAN GO TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL AT http://www.youtube.com/user/tohcw90


3 comments:

  1. Sorry Wakaba, i need help.
    I'am currently developing a application, i did the same as you did and i got my ContextMenuStrip1 on top left comer of the screen instead of the icon.
    Could you help...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support to my video. In order to make the contextmenustrip to appear at the icon, you should change the property of notifyicon. Change the contextmenustrip of notify icon to contextmenustrip1.

    I had actually showed in the video at 0.22 but I think that may be of the video quality that I made is not good enough.

    Just feel free to ask any question if you faced problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your help, is worked and i will credit you in my small app i made.

    ReplyDelete